Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Today was a class day,

I had Japanese in the morning and then both of my other classes in the afternoon. After that I came home to drop off my stuff and then me and some friends went out to eat. Yummy omuraisu (rice omellete) I also had to get my bike lock changed as I lost my key, so I did that. And then a fun hour of homework, followed by an actually fun half hour of DS Lite. Oh and I also did some laundry. The dryers here DO NOT work, so everyone hangs there laundry on the balcony on these poles. I ran out of space on mine and since I didn't have any clothesline I hung up my socks and stuff on some dental floss. Which is working suprisingly well. I think I will buy a clothesline next time I go to the store however, as I am slightly worried about the floss breaking and my underwear falling off my balcony into the courtyard below. Anyways, I never got around to talking about my Osaka trip last night, so I'll do that now and post pictures later. I'll probably link in some friend's pics too. So we went to Osaka at 1 since we were waiting for Josh and hadn't wanted to get up really early anyways. We took the Train (like the RER in France, kind of a subway, but above ground) and then we walked to DenDen town once we got to Osaka. It takes a while to get there walking, but we went past all these really big designers, like Tiffany and Co, and Gucci and stuff. My mission of finding a DS Lite was harder than I expected, all the stores where sold out. I finally got on at this place called Media Recycle, but it was an American import and so it was a little more expensive. Still less expensive than in the US though. Josh also got one, but he got the black instead of the pink like I got. I also got a couple games for it at Sofmap, that are in Japanese, but are kind of kids games, so I can handle 1 of them and almost handle the other. And Josh and I both got Kanji Dictionaries which are awesome, since they have input where you can write the kanji on the screen and it recognizes it. It also has some other cool features, but most of them require a higher level of Japanese profeciency than I have. So we took the train home and I got off at Hirakata shi with Trevor and Josh and had dinner with them at this restraunt that had this amazing asparagus tempura (fried and breaded). Then I took the bus back with some other girls I met from my dorm since the boys had their bikes. And then I studied. And that's about it. Tomorrow I have to go to the city to do Alien Registration. So that ought to be fun (sarcasm due to hatred of bureaucracy, which since I don't have a kanji name I can't get a name stamp and therefor my signature/all letters ever have to look EXACTLY the same) I'm not exaggerating, and I can get witnesses from the banking session. Filled out the paperwork so many times.... But after that I'm going to shop so that will be good.

No comments: