Monday, May 07, 2007

Golden Week Adventures

Tokyo was awesome. I left on Thursdsay night and my roomate and I took the night bus, so we arrived at Tokyo Disney on friday morning. We took the monorail over to Disney Sea and spent a fun if busy day there. Basically everyone in Japan decided that they wanted to go to Disney too, so the lines were really long, but we got fast passes for the tower of terror and the indiana jones rides, and stood in line for the other ones forever. It was good. We were both kind of exhausted when we got to the hostel though so we went to bed early. Then we got up the next day and went to Harajuku, and Shibuya which are both really famous shopping and fashion areas, and that was a lot of fun. On Sunday we went to Ikebukuro and met up with one of my roomates friends who was an exchange student last year. And Sunday night we took the night bus back. It was really good, except me feet started killing me, and much like my London adventure I spent around twice what I thought I would, but since this was the only time I get to go to Tokyo during the semester and it was my last big trip really before I leave it's okay. Although I think in the future I will avoid night buses if I need to be coherent the next day for class. Luckily I didn't have any afternoon classes. So after my morning classes I went home and caught up on my sleep. Also if anyone is planning on going to either of the Tokyo Disneys I don't recommend Golden Week if you can pick another time. Although with the fast passes it wasn't to bad. The Tower of Terror ride was good, but as I have nightmares that run on similar lines, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the other people. Oh well. On to the pictures.

No comments: